Common Types of Roofing to Consider for Your Roofing ProjectFebruary 22, 2018
Short on Space? Consider One of These Additions for Your HomeMay 1, 2018
Many homeowners enjoy using their outdoor space. However, external elements, like insects and the weather, can make being outside less enjoyable. One way to get the most out of the outdoor space no matter the season is to implement a porch enclosure. More and more homeowners are choosing a porch enclosure over a porch that is completely exposed to the external environment. If you’ve been considering closing off your porch or building a new enclosed porch, this article is going to discuss a few benefits porch enclosure can offer.
- Added home value. While this generally isn’t the main reason people choose to construct an enclosed porch, it certainly is a big benefit. Porch additions add extra functional space, meaning there will be an enhanced curb appeal of your property if you choose to sell.
- Increased privacy. When undergoing porch or deck construction, many homeowners may find they don’t have the desired privacy from surrounding neighbors. Fortunately, an enclosed area can offer more privacy while still allowing homeowners to enjoy the outdoors.
- Protection from pests. With screen, glass or memory film panels, homeowners can utilize their porch area without being bothered by bugs or insects. This can be especially valuable if homeowners choose to use their porch as an entertaining area. There’s nothing more annoying than being surrounded by bugs on a warm summer night. But with a porch enclosure, homeowners and their friends and family can enjoy the outdoors without being bothered by pests.
- Safer play area. Most kids enjoy playing outside, especially during the summer. But with a big yard, especially those with pools, can be dangerous for little ones. Having an enclosed area for kids to play in will allow them to be outside but will prevent them from getting into situation that could cause them harm.
- Year-round use. By choosing glass or memory film panels for an enclosed porch, homeowners can use their porch area all year long. During porch or deck installation, homeowners often wonder how they can use their outdoor area when the weather turns cold. Well, if the area is enclosed, homeowners can enjoy the outdoors no matter what the weather is like.
HomeAdvisor’s 2017 True Cost Survey showed that homeowners spent almost 60% more on home improvement projects in 2017 than they did in 2016. If you’re looking for a simple home improvement project for this year, consider enclosing your porch. Enclosed porch additions can offer homeowners a variety of benefits. With added living space and protection from the outside elements, you can enjoy your valuable outdoor area every season.